Tuesday 31 January 2012

Duel 2

This is my first post of 2012 and as I started this drawing I thought that it would be a good idea to make "Duel" an occasional, continuing series. So here we have number two, an alternative Eastern Front air battle. In this one a Soviet pilot bales out, still fighting after coming off second best in a fight with a Luftwaffe Saucer ...and the plane for those of you interested in that sort of thing is my attempt at a Lavochkin La-7. Below I've posted some images from a sketchbook which led to "Duel 2"


 This sketch of a Shturmovik vs Nazi saucer, which I did a few months back developed into this little sequence...

... the pilot struggles to control his shot up machine (by the way this is a great reference site for Soviet uniforms!)....

... and the original image which gave me the idea for"Duel 2".

3 comments: